Rental Properties

Rental Properties Insurance

Whether you’re a landlord or a renter, you need insurance to protect the property and/or your belongings on the property. Building owners purchase landlord policies, while tenants buy renters insurance.

The renters policy is similar to a homeowners policy; however, it takes into consideration the unique risks that come with renting a property instead of owning it.

Rental Properties Insurance

Besides the harm caused to the building and personal belongings such as furniture, rental property insurance, such as a landlord policy, provides coverage for lost income. If your property is damaged and becomes temporarily unrentable, the policy compensates for the income you would have earned during that period.

These policies also frequently cover any liability that may arise if a tenant files a lawsuit due to an injury sustained on the property.

What Risk Comes With Renting a Property?

There are additional risks that may be covered, such as the expenses incurred when relocating a tenant during repairs, as well as any compensation to a tenant if damage results in the loss of heating or air conditioning.

What Is Excluded From Rental Properties Insurance?

Most landlord policies typically exclude coverage for lost income resulting from a tenant’s failure to pay rent or the expenses associated with evicting a tenant.

Eber & Associates: Protects You and Your Rental Property

Eber & Associates is prepared to find the right landlord policy and guide you through the selection process. We provide policies for rental properties of all sizes and will find you the best coverage for the best price.

If you have any questions about rental property insurance or are ready to invest in the best policy, feel free to contact us today.

Custom Insurance the Smart Way

When it comes to custom insurance solutions, you need a team you can trust to help you find the perfect fit. Let Eber & Associates guide you to a more secure tomorrow with the care, coverage, and confidence you deserve.